New Gad 2 Chairlift
Grand Opening @ 11 a.m. on Thursday, December 12.
- 4.3-minute ride (old lift was 7.9 min)
- 63 quad chairs (old lift had 134 double chairs)
- 1,800 riders per hour (old lift was 1200 rph)
- 8 sec loading interval (old lift was 6 sec)
- Powered by a single 535HP drive
- 4016.9 linear feet
- 1241.5 ft vertical rise
- Installed by Doppelmayer USA
• • • •
- Nov. 14 – Gad 2 is mechanically ready to roll. Opening day of Gad 2 will be determined by snow pack and terrain safety.
- Oct. 24 – Cable is on, chairs are ready for install, lift is energized, snowmaking/electricity in place on Election trail.
- Oct. 9 – Main cable for the lift is spliced.
- Sep. 21 – Top station mostly complete, bottom station being constructed, towers are in.
- Aug. 25 – Chairlift towers and assemblies assembled and prepped for helicopter installation.
- July 20 – New lift components arrive in Gad Valley.
- July 14 – The old Gad 2 towers are to be removed via twin-rotor helicopter.