New Little Cloud
In the summer of 2012 Snowbird’s original Little Cloud Chairlift was taken out and replaced with a new high-speed quad. The new Little Cloud will follow the same path and use the same tower locations as the old chairlift but feature a much shorter trip time.
- 3.5-minute ride (old lift was 7 min)
- 57 quad chairs (old lift had 134 double chairs)
- 90-degree off-load (faces Road to Provo)
- 3484.7 linear feet
- 1,800 riders per hour
- Powered by a single 600HP top drive
- Installed by Doppelmayer USA
- November 9 – Chairs are being hung. Load testing to begin soon.
- September 19 – Further progress on the Road to Ogden.
- September 13 – The top station has its blue covering.
- August 24 – New towers are in. Further progress has been made on the top station and Road to Ogden.
- August 15 – The top station construction is going well.
- July 15 – The old Little Cloud towers are being removed via twin-rotor helicopter today.