AIARE Avalanche Level 1 Certification (Sold Out)
Know before you go.
A 3-day/24-hour introduction to planning and prep for travel in avalanche terrain, human factors, terrain recognition, "red flag" observations, terrain selection and travel techniques. Lift ticket included on Field Sessions.
- Dates: December 18 - 20, 2020 (Sold Out); January 8 - 10 (Sold Out), January 22 - 24 (Sold Out), February 5 - 7 (Sold Out), February 26 - 28 (Sold Out), March 19 - 21 (Sold Out), April 2 - 4, 2021 (Sold Out).
- Friday - Sunday: 8 am - 5 pm.
- Required Equipment: Transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Prerequisites: None. Students must be able to travel in backcountry terrain.
- Registration: 801.933.2096 or MountainGuides@Snowbird.com
- Cost: $450
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education
Snowbird Mountain Guides AIARE Avalanche courses will feature limited group sizes and an online component to comply with COVID-19 county, state and national protocols and guidelines. Field sessions will be held in small groups to allow for physical distancing.