- Tickets & Passes
- The Cliff Spa
25 - 27
AIARE Avalanche Level 1 Certification
Know before you go.
Mar 25 2022 - Mar 27 2022
A 3-day/24-hour introduction to planning and prep for travel in avalanche terrain, human factors, terrain recognition, "red flag" observations, terrain selection and travel techniques. Lift ticket included on Field Sessions.
- Dates: December 10 - 12 (online); January 7 - 9 (online) SOLD OUT, January 21 - 23 (online), January 28 - 30 (in-person), February 4 - 6 (in-person), February 25 - 27 (in-person), March 11 - 13 (in person), March 25 - 27 (online), April 1 - 3 (online).
- Friday - Sunday: 8 am - 5 pm.
- Required Equipment: Transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Prerequisites: None. Students must be able to travel in backcountry terrain.
- Registration: 801.933.2096 or MountainGuides@Snowbird.com
- Cost: $450+tax
- Online courses will be a hybrid of virtual class sessions and in-person field sessions on Friday and Saturday and full-day in-person field sessions.
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education