AIARE Avalanche Level 2 Certification
Know before you go.
The AIARE 2 is a 3-day/24-hour course that provides backcountry travelers an opportunity to advance their decision-making skills in more complicated situations such as being a leader within a small travel group, traveling in more complicated terrain and/or developing a travel plan where resources are scarce.
The AIARE 2 builds on the introductory avalanche hazard management model introduced in the AIARE 1 and adds to it the evaluation of critical hazard assessment factors. Students will describe and discuss weather, snowpack and avalanche processes, and identify how these processes relate to observations and travel within avalanche terrain.
- Dates: March 5 - 7, 2021.
- Friday - Sunday: 8 am - 5 pm.
- Required Equipment: Transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Prerequisites: None. Students must be able to travel in backcountry terrain.
- Registration: 801.933.2096 or MountainGuides@Snowbird.com
- Cost: $550
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education
Snowbird Mountain Guides AIARE Avalanche courses will feature limited group sizes and an online component to comply with COVID-19 county, state and national protocols and guidelines. Field sessions will be held in small groups to allow for physical distancing.