Mountain School Summer Camps 2016
Enjoy our mountain playground while learning new skills. Mountain bike, trail run, swim, hike, and climb with professional coaches. A box lunch is included each day. Sign up early as camp numbers are limited. Ages 10-15.
Mountain Sports Bike Camp
A three-day camp focused on mountain biking skills. Campers do skills-based training in the mornings and head to the trails in the afternoons. Some riding may take place away from Snowbird. Bike Requirements
- Session 1: July 11-13, 2016
- Session 2: August 1-3, 2016
- Regular Cost: $276
- Intro to Backpacking
A three-day camp focused on backpacking skills. Campers will learn how to plan and pack for an overnight adventure.
- Session 1: July 20-22, 2016
- Regular Cost: $276
- Mountain Sports Camp
Mountain Sports Camp
Multi-day camps teaching new skills in a variety of activities. Mountain bike, trail run, swim, hike, and climb with professional coaches. Participating youth will be coached in specific sports in morning and afternoon sessions, and have access to Snowbird’s many other summer activities during a relaxing lunch break.
- Session 1: July 5-8, 2016 (4-day camp)
- Regular Cost: $308
- Multiple Child: $292
- Session 2: July 25-29, 2016 (5-day camp)
- Regular Cost: $385
- Multiple Child: $365
- Orientation: The first day will campers will be organized into small groups with counselors. Each group will participate in biking and running activities and drills to orient campers and ensure compatibility of groups. These activities are designed for fun and skill building so we prepare the campers and set them up for optimal success the rest of the week.
- Mountain Biking: Each group will participate in mountain bike skills building activities and trail riding; destination and trail use will depend on skill and desire of campers. Please note: We do NOT provide mountain bikes. Bike Requirements
- Running Skills: Campers will participate in basic and trail running skills and drills designed to educate and assess skill level for hiking activities. These will be ‘game’ focused in nature and help campers get to know each other.
- Swimming Skills: Swimming skill activities will include swim skill games and drills in the Cliff Lodge pool.
- Rock Climbing: Campers will learn the basics of sport climbing on our local climbing venues. These are graduated in nature. Our coaches are experienced climbers and guides.
- Hiking: Snowbird has miles ofterrain dotted with wildflowers, wildlife and history. Campers explore at thier level and learn about the unique nature of Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Other Activities: Learning to use a compass, geocaching, team-building initiatives and Snowbird's summer activities are among the activities campers may participate in.
- Team Challenge: Friday will wrap with a combined competition that will offer campers the chance to demonstrate performance in a series of challenge=based activities. The competition will be individualized for each group. Parents are welcome to join us for the afternoon festivities if they desire.
- Activities may vary due to weather and skill levels. Campers will be in groups of like ages; activities and coaching will be provided in smaller groups.
Campers depart the mouth of the canyon each day at 8:30 am. We will shuttle them to the resort and return them to the park and ride by 5:00 p.m. (Except the first and last day when bikes need to be transported by parents and registration completed). If you have siblings in Camp Snowbird, please let us know so we can help you co-ordinate transportation.
Please provide running/hiking/biking shoes (no open toed shoes please; campers with improper footwear will miss out on activities).
If your camper has a sibling in Camp Snowbird we can co-ordinate transport and both children can be brought up together. With advance notice, they will be able to go up on the earlier Camp Snowbird shuttle and we will meet your child at Camp Snowbird. Please let us know at the time of booking if you will need this service.