It is recommended that youth be accompanied by an adult. A number of factors can be taken in consideration for younger riders such as finger reach for the brake levers, finger and forearm fatigue, awareness and self-control while riding in steep exposed terrain. Trail Difficulty ratings are relative to Snowbird terrain only.
Required for rentals and Tram-accessed biking. Participants under 18 years, must have Parent or Guardian signature. Helmets are required.
Know the Code:
Be Safety Conscious. It is Your Responsibility.
- Ride in control and within your ability level. You must be able to avoid other people or objects.
- Stay off the lifts and trails and out of the bike park if your ability is impaired by drugs, alcohol or fatigue.
- Wear a helmet. It is mandatory. Other protective equipment is strongly recommended.
- Inspect you bike or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic before you ride.
- Be sure you have the physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. Ask a lift attendant for assistance if you need it.
- Be aware of changing conditions on trails and features. Inspect features before use and throughout the day.
- Stay on marked trails. Ride only in the direction indicated by trail markers. Obey all signs and warnings. Do not cut switchbacks. Keep off closed areas.
- Avoid riders ahead of you. They have the right of way.
- Look uphill and yield to other riders when entering a trail or starting downhill.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision or accident, you must identify yourself to the Bike Patrol or a staff member.
- Do not feed, provoke or approach wildlife.
- Biking privileges revoked for the breach of this code.