Operation Stay Safe.
At Snowbird, our guiding principle is the health and safety of our employees, guests and local community. We are committed to maintaining our operations responsibly and have developed Operation Stay Safe in response to COVID-19. The policies are provided with guidance and knowledge from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Salt Lake County Health Department (SLCoHD) and the State of Utah.
Operation Stay Safe includes all of the actions we are taking to prioritize the wellbeing of our guests, employees and community for the duration of the season. As this is a dynamic situation, we will be frequently adjusting our safety policies and operations to protect our employees and guests.
Winter COVID-19 Safety Policies
In light of the rapid decrease in Omicron variant cases of COVID-19 in Utah and around the country, we will be changing our indoor face-covering policy for employees and guests. Effective Tuesday, February 22, 2022, we will no longer require guests and employees to wear masks when indoors or riding the Tram.
Some of the measures Snowbird is taking:
- Screen employees for COVID-19 symptoms before starting their shift and ask them to stay home if they are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone with the illness.
- Allow employees to work from home if appropriate.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently and provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the resort.
- Provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the resort.
- Reserve the right to limit the number of guests/participants in any area of the resort as needed.
- Relax cancellation policies to encourage guests who don’t feel well to stay home.
Some of the measures Snowbird is asking of our guests:
- Stay home if you are displaying signs of respiratory illness or have a fever.
- Book all activities in advance online or by phone to prevent unnecessary in-person transactions.
- Wash hands or use sanitizer frequently.
- Pay with credit card or mobile payment rather than cash.
- Don’t congregate/spectate in common areas.
Additional Winter Measures
- Reservation will not be required for the 2021-22 winter season, but are available for purchase in advance through a hybrid parking system.
- Continuation of enhanced hotel room cleaning with a focus on high-touch surfaces including door handles, kitchen areas, refrigerators, faucets, toilets, remote controls, directories, telephones and alarm clocks.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently in common areas such as fitness centers, swimming pools, hot tubs, elevators, stairwells, restrooms and escalators.
- Sanitize payment systems, pens and front desk area after every guest.
- Remove non-essential items from hotel rooms including magazines, notepads and pens.
- Offer additional grab-and-go and takeout options.
- Provide guests with a digital menu.
- Provide new glassware for drink refills.
- Continue to utilize additional seating space in Creekside and the Snowbird Center to encourage distancing.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our dining guests:
- Make reservations in advance and avoid placing to-go orders in prime times.
- Reduce the capacity at The Cliff Spa.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently including locker rooms, fitness centers, swimming pool & hot tub areas, service counters and door handles.
- Sanitize tools and equipment after each service.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our Cliff Spa guests:
- Book all activities in advance by phone to prevent unnecessary in-person transactions.
- Sanitize changing rooms between each guest.
- Sanitize payment systems, pens and shopping baskets after every guest.
- Provide plastic utensils and individual condiment packages if requested by a guest.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently including counters, point-of-sale terminals, door handles.
- Requiring employees to wear 2-layer face coverings while indoors. Face coverings are not required while working outdoors or skiing and riding.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our Mountain School guests:
- Require advance reservations.
- Sanitize boots and helmets after each use.
- Entry to the shop will be metered to enable appropriate distancing inside.
- Remove and replace seating with a standing boot-fit station to speed the rental process and reduce touch-points.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our rental guests:
- Require advance rental reservations to shorten the rental check-in process and improve the overall rental experience.
Riding the Aerial Tram:
- The Tram will be loading at a reduced capacity.
- Daily pre-operational cleaning.
- All windows are open throughout the trip.
- Protective plexiglass shield installed between Tram operator and passengers.
- Extending maze designs.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our skiing and riding guests:
- Purchase your lift ticket ahead of time and use Snowbird's contactless pick-up boxes.
- Sign your season pass waiver in advance at snowbird.com/waiver2021.