Operation Stay Safe.
At Snowbird, our guiding principle is the health and safety of our employees, guests and local community. We are committed to maintaining our operations responsibly and have developed Operation Stay Safe in response to COVID-19. The policies are provided with guidance and knowledge from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Salt Lake County Health Department (SLCoHD) and the State of Utah.
Operation Stay Safe includes all of the actions we are taking to prioritize the wellbeing of our guests, employees and community for the duration of the season. As this is a dynamic situation, we will be frequently adjusting our safety policies and operations to protect our employees and guests.
Summer COVID-19 Safety Policies
Some of the measures Snowbird is taking:
- Screen employees daily for COVID-19 symptoms before starting their shift and ask them to stay home if they are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone with the illness.
- Masks will be optional for employees while riding the Snowbird Tram or outdoors.
- Allow employees to work from home if appropriate.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently and provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the resort.
- Provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the resort.
- Reserve the right to limit the number of guests/participants in any area of the resort as needed.
- Relax cancellation policies to encourage guests who don’t feel well to stay home.
Some of the measures Snowbird is asking of our guests:
- Stay home if you are displaying signs of respiratory illness or have a fever.
- Book all activities in advance online or by phone to prevent unnecessary in-person transactions.
- Wash hands or use sanitizer frequently.
- Pay with credit card or mobile payment rather than cash.
- Don’t congregate/spectate in common areas.
- Continued cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces frequently in common areas such as fitness centers, swimming pools, hot tubs, elevators, stairwells, restrooms and escalators.
- Daily housekeeping service will remain suspended after initial arrival (stay-over service). Daily housekeeping service is available upon request with 24 hours notice by scheduling a time through housekeeping.
- Continued enhanced room cleanings with a focus on door handles, kitchen areas, refrigerators, faucets, toilets, remote controls, directories, telephones and alarm clocks.
- Offering towel and trash service upon request for guests who do not have daily housekeeping service.
- Utilizing door seals and remote control covers ensuring guests have a sense of security and safety in their rooms.
- Front desks will continue to sanitize used room keys and pens once returned.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotels.
Riding the Aerial Tram:
- Tram capacity has been reduced to 50 passengers per trip.
- All windows are open throughout the trip.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our summer activity guests:
- Please purchase your summer activities ahead of time to reduce in-person contact.
- Please sign your waiver for the summer activities in advance at Snowbird.com/summerwaiver.
- Continuing the utilization of a reservation system and maintaining capacity limits. Capacity limits will be adjusted as restrictions are re-defined.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures with a focus on high-touch areas.
- Disinfecting all treatment rooms immediately after each treatment.
- Regularly cleaning and sanitizing of locker rooms & fitness centers.
- Guests receiving a spa treatment may request that the staff wear masks.
- Maintain relaxed cancellation and deposit policies to encourages guests who are feeling unwell to stay home.
Additional measures Snowbird is asking of our Cliff Spa guests:
Book all treatments in advance by phone to prevent unnecessary in-person transactions. Reservations are required to enter The Cliff Spa.