Taking Snowbird to the top.
Over 25 years in the making, The Summit at Snowbird is Utah's most "elevated" restaurant and is the tallest alpine facility in the country. The Summit sits at the top of The Aerial Tram upon Hidden Peak at 11,000 feet. The Summit project features a 3-story building containing a kitchen, cafeteria-style dining hall, private dining area, restrooms, ski patrol offices, a gift shop and outdoor patios and decks.
The Summit highlights mountain views and landscape with large windows surrounding 360 degrees of the building. The Summit provides year-round dining with a unique, delicious menu as carefully crafted as the building itself.
- Equipment, concrete, steel, glass, drywall, mechanical, electrical and all other construction components needed, were brought up unpaved mountain roads using skilled Snowbird drivers.
- Awarded 2016 Best Project for best construction project nationally by Engineering News-Record.
- The position and angle of the structure was chosen through location modeling, which used Google Earth and GIS to study glare down the canyon into the Salt Lake Valley to minimize reflection while maximizing views.
- The Summit features 360 degree viewing decks and windows the equivalent of 2 IMAX movie screens.
- The restaurant has a heated concrete patio that provides outdoor seating year-round.
By The Numbers
- The Summit structure is 23,000 square feet.
- The windows for The Summit are designed to withstand frequent wind gusts of 140 miles per hour.
- Snowbird used their own construction vehicles to haul 50-foot steel beams to the top of Hidden Peak which took a round trip of over 7 hours.