Scenic Tram Ride & Rooftop Balcony
Summer above the city.
Escape the heat and enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views with a Summer Scenic Tram Ride at Snowbird. As legendary as the mountain itself, Snowbird's new red and blue Aerial Tram cars whisk passengers along a 1.6-mile cable and up 2,900 vertical feet during the 13-minute trip to the top of Hidden Peak. At the top, enjoy refreshments at The Summit and take a photo with the Salt Lake Valley, Twin Peaks and Mt. Baldy as your backdrop before enjoying the journey back down.
New this summer, elevate your experience—literally—with an open-air ride atop the Tram with the Rooftop Balcony Add-On. The first of its kind in the USA, it’s an experience you won’t want to miss.
Note: The Summer Scenic Tram is now closed for the season. The Winter Scenic Tram has a tentative opening day of Thanksgiving, November 23.
- The Tram and the Hidden Peak terminal are ADA-accessible.
- Tram service may be canceled due to weather conditions or other circumstances. Mountain bikes are not permitted on the Tram. Check out the Summer Report for the current lift status.
- You no longer need to be a Tram mechanic to ride on the roof—a balcony has been added as an available upgrade to the top of the Tram for the summer months, with a limited capacity for remarkable sightseeing.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows offer uninterrupted breathtaking views of the mountain and Salt Lake Valley.
- Take a glimpse of the mountain below through 3 sections of 3' x 3' glass floor panels for a thrilling ride to the top every time.
Buy Online, Save Time: How to Get Your Tickets
Upon your arrival to Snowbird, proceed to one of our Ticket Windows or one of our many Pick-Up Boxes, located on the Plaza Deck at the Snowbird Center. We highly recommend visiting a Pick-Up Box for an expedited experience.
- Scan the QR code included in your confirmation email from either a printed copy or straight from your phone.
- Your ticket will print and drop into the tray.
- Head to the activities. Have fun!
- Pro tip: Keep your ticket media for the next time you visit. Simply reload it online and head straight to the fun.
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For date changes, please contact the ticket office at 801.933.2200 or email email@example.com.
*All activities, lift openings, terrain access and hours of operation are conditions permitting and may change at any time.