Learn the skills you need to safely navigate the backcountry. Join Snowbird Backcountry Guides for an Avalanche Awareness Seminar or a 4-day AIARE Level 1 certification course.
24-Hour A.I.A.R.E. Level 1 Certification
A 3-day/24-hour introduction to planning and prep for travel in avalanche terrain, human factors, terrain recognition, "red flag" observations, terrain selection and travel techniques. Lift ticket included on Field Sessions.
- Dates: Dec. 15-17, 2017; Jan. 19-21, Feb. 9-11, Mar. 2-4, 2018.
- Friday - Sunday: 8 am - 5 pm
- Required Equipment: Transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Prerequisites: None. Students must be able to travel in backcountry terrain.
- Registration: 801.4714387 or email@example.com
- Cost: $425
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education
AIARE Avalanche Rescue
Snowbird Backcountry Guides AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a 1-day stand alone course that is intended to be retaken on a regular basis in order to keep abreast of best practices in rescue techniques and gear. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue, while return participants will expand their skill set with advanced topics and realistic scenario practice to help improve their skills after the course. Each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching with their rescue skills and will receive a rescue card acknowledging completion date at course end.
- Dates: Dec. 14, 2017; Jan. 18, Feb. 8, Mar. 1, 2018.
- Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm.
- Prerequisite: AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
- Cost: $125
8 am - 5 pm