Camp Snowbird is a place where kids grow, connect and appreciate the unique qualities of people and nature. Snowbird is the ideal environment for kids to learn teamwork and compassion while developing a love for the mountain environment. Our days are filled with adventure, self-discovery, friendships and fun. Whether it’s exploring mountain heights or unleashing the inner artist, Camp Snowbird seeks to elevate summer.
New for Summer 2020 - Teen Camp Snowbird; Little Cottonwood is a great place for your teen to spend their summer. Breathing fresh air, making new friends, learning leadership skills and much more. This camp is designed specifically to give your teen the outdoor camp experience while also providing them with opportunities that will foster collaboration, problem solving and thinking on their feet.
Camp Snowbird Pricing
- Single Day: $100
- 1-Week Session: $260
- Multi-Week Options: 3-Week $705; 10-Week $2,100 (Only available until May 1, 2020)
- Transportation: $55 per week
- In a Galaxy Far, Far Away: June 8 - 12
Possess the skills of a Jedi do you? Join us for a week-long adventure to discover the force within you and all living things. Our focus will be on teamwork, balance and inner power all while participating in exciting adventures such as Ewok archery, obstacle courses, meditation and a Chewbacca roar challenge. This week will feature a special Star Wars master that will teach us the history of the light saber and give us the power to create our own. Teen focus will be on archery safety and technique, and how to share this knowledge with younger children.
- Creative Expressions: June 15 - 19
Get your creative juices flowing while taking inspiration from the breathtaking beauty around us. Express yourself through art, song, writing and theater. Let the epic lip syncing battles begin! This camp will feature a local musician to provide lessons on songwriting and style. Teen focus will be on aiding groups in skit writing, costume design, set building and performance.
- The Mountains Are Calling: June 22 - 26
Come set up a tent and hang in hammocks with us as we reflect on why nature is so cool. We'll build forts from fallen trees, learn mountain etiquette and safety, experiment with compasses and create beautiful landscape art. Featuring a visit from Wild Wonders. Teen focus will be on why advocacy for the natural world is important and engaging our younger campers in this cause.
- USA: June 29 - July 3
Celebrate Independence Week with a paper airplane competition, bottle rocket launch and patriotic tie-dye. Featuring a visit from our adorable patrol pups. Teen focus will be on team cooperation while they guide campers in creating their own version of tag.
- Sensory Overload: July 6 - 10
The outdoors is the perfect space for kids to listen to nature’s melody, watch a bird take flight and feel the mud squish between their toes. This week, campers will create nature potions, gooey slime, mud paint and much more. Remember, the most memorable days often end with the dirtiest clothes. Featuring a visit from Mad Science. Teen focus will be on creating and guiding a sensory rich hike.
- Snowbird Games: July 13 - 17
Get ready for a week filled with friendly competition, leadership building and cheering on your friends. Our gaming facility will feature Pokémon tournaments, rock climbing, tech-deck halfpipes, archery shoots and much more! Featuring a special guest that will present and coach various skills that will enhance your camper’s gaming experiences. Teen focus will be on archery safety and technique, and how to share this knowledge with younger children.
- Rockin’ Utah: July 20 - 24
Come marvel at the native wildlife that share the land, water and sky with us in the Wasatch Mountains. Campers will learn about wildlife conservation and how they can help protect our natural world and the wonderful species that live in it. Featuring a guided historic tour of the Peruvian Tunnel and a visit from Wild Wonders. Teen focus will be inspiring our young artists with various mediums in creating beautiful landscape art.
- Wizards Unite: July 27 - 31
Which house calls to you? Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? Come spend a week working on your wizardry with everything from potions and spells to quidditch, magical brooms, wands and much more. Featuring a visit from Lance the Magician! Teen focus will be on leading a potion class. This week will be magical.
- Captain Planet: August 3 - 7
Summon your inner superhero for a week of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Heart. Campers will participate in watershed experiments, wildflower tours and planting over 300 tree saplings with Tree Utah. We will celebrate our week of stewardship with a superhero festival! Featuring experiments with our very own Director of Sustainability & Water Resources and a visit from Hawk Watch. Teen focus will be designing and implementing a recycle project (costumes encouraged).
- Ninja Warrior: August 10 - 14
Have you ever dreamed of being a ninja warrior? This week will feature obstacle courses, slacklines, archery and other challenges that will enhance your agility, balance and speed. Featuring a special guest that will present and coach various skills that will enhance your camper’s ninja experiences. Teen focus will be creating and designing an obstacle course for various ages. Leap into ninja warrior week, hi-yah!
- Single Day reservations must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Transportation is no longer automatically included. See the above Camp Snowbird Pricing section.
- For campers who have purchased transportation, we depart from the Park & Ride (4385 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Sandy, UT 84092) at the bottom of Little Cottonwood Canyon each day at 8:15 am. Campers and counselors ride the UTA bus up to Snowbird and return them to the Park & Ride by 4:50 pm.
- Lunch is not provided at Camp Snowbird. Please pack a wholesome lunch for your camper.
- Running/hiking/biking shoes must be provided (no open-toed shoes or flip-flops). Campers with improper footwear will miss out on activities.
- Hats and sun-sensible clothing are required. No tank tops. Please pack a sweatshirt or jacket every day.
- Your camper's immunization schedule must be current.
- Swimming is offered every day. Let us know if your camper cannot swim and please provide a flotation device accordingly.
- A water bottle is required every day.
- Camp Snowbird is an electronic device free zone.
9 am - 4 pm, Mon-Fri
June 8 - August 14, 2020